Removing Old Scars

When I was 15 years old I got an allergy that formed into black scar on my leg. 9 years have past already. I cannot consult a dermatology because I know it will cost too much and I don't have a large enough budget. What is the best solution of my problem?

By Gin from Pampanga, Philippines

Best Answer

Argan or Moroccan oil 3 times a day might work. Also raw or unrefined shea butter 3 times a day. Takes 3-6 months to see some results and then use it until the results are what you want. You can even use a mixture of the 2. Use very sparingly. Both can be found on amazon. Make sure the shea butter is raw or unrefined. Shea butter comes from Ghana.

Best Answer

The only product that has been proven to lighten the skin is hydroquinone, and it must be in 2% form and be packaged to keep out air. Paula's Choice makes a very good one, it has dramatically lightened a spot on my face that was dark red. You can buy that product at: www.cosmeticscop.com You can also read up on that ingredient there.

Try, bio oil. In Australia it is sold in chemists. I think you call them drug stores over there! Ask your pharmacist but I know that this product is good. It's vitamin e, and regardless, it can't hurt!

one thing you might try is to put vitamen E on it... buy the pills and break them open ... rub in ... and /or every day spray some hydrogen peroxide on it... hoping that it will slowly bleach it out

Someone just posted about using honey. I have not personally tried it, but it's certainly readily available, natural, and cheap, so it's worth a try.

August 13, 2010 Flag

How do I remove 30 year old scars on my legs?

Charmaine

Answers:

Removing Old Scars

Make an appointment with a professional dermatologist. (12/09/2008)

By MCW

Removing Old Scars

Try a product called Bio-oil. There have been advertisements in magazines and it is sold in drug stores. (12/11/2008)

By Janet

Removing Old Scars

Well, I've found that vitamin E can remove scars, but it takes a while and you have to be consistent. You can pop vitamin E capsules and put it on the scars or look for lotions that have tocopherol in them. Burt's Bees Res-Q Ointment or Palmer's Cocoa Butter both seem to work well. (12/20/2008)

By Ani

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Stitches and a scar on a leg.
Remedies for Scars on Legs
Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care AdviceFebruary 23, 2011
A girl looking in the mirror and using a medicated pad to treat acne.
Preventing Acne Scars
Acne Scars
Remedies for Acne Scars
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Ring of old keys.
Uses for Old Keys
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 19, 2017 at 4:28:18 PM on 10.0.0.30 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.