Using Fabric to Insulate Walls

Can you use quilts or material to line and insulate exterior walls? Thanks.

By Denise from OH

Exterior walls? You're talking outside walls of a building? I'd rather try heavy duty plastic or bales of hay/straw. If you are meaning the walls next to the outside walls of a home's interior; then the polyester filling in quilts would help some, but what may help more and is pricey are foam insulated drapes you can purchase at WalMart and sold per panel for about $17.00.

If you are putting this on the inside walls, make sure the walls stay dry behind the fabric or your walls will grow mold.

I bought a king size comforter at a local tag sale and am going to hang it up on the wall behind my bed. I live in a mobile home and it gets way too cold in my bedroom.

You probably could but your R value would be next to zero and it would be an extreme fire hazard. Bat insulation is the best method to insulate your home.

Home and Garden Home Improvement InsulationOctober 15, 2009
Cleaning Smoke Stains from Walls
Cleaning Smoke Off Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
cleaning walls
Removing Soot from Walls and Ceiling
🎄
🍂