Use Cake Mix to Flour a Pan

My mom gave me this tip a few years ago. When a cake mix calls for greasing and flouring the pans, she uses butter to grease and some of the dry cake mix to flour the pan. The cake doesn't end up with white on the outside and it doesn't taste bad like flour would.

By Lori from Indiana

I used sugar to dust my cake pans. first i grease them good with Crisco then sprinkle with sugar. Not only does this make a more moist cake the sugary residue melts easily in water, making clean up a breeze.

Wow! What a great idea! I bake all the time and never thought of that. Sometimes it's the simplest things that make a big difference!

I use icing sugar for white cakes and cocoa for dark cakes, and you're right. It tastes much better than flour!

Baking Pan
Flouring Baking Pans
Food and Recipes Food Tips BakingMarch 3, 2009
All Purpose Flour
What is All Purpose Flour?
Cake Flour
Using Cake Flour
Bread Machine
Recipes Using All Purpose Flour in Bread Machine
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Peter Pan Costume
🎉
🎄