Thaw Frozen Veggies When Draining Pasta

When I'm making pasta salad or a hot dish with pasta and frozen veggies, I cut out a step this way. I pour the frozen veggies (or even fresh broccoli cut small, fresh peas or shredded carrots) into the strainer first, and then drain the pasta right on top of them. A few minutes under the hot pasta will thaw them right out and when I rinse the pasta with cold water, it stops both the pasta and the veggies from turning to mush. Then I just have to mix it all together and I'm done!

By Celia from North Jersey

I do the same, but I put the veggies in a bowl and then strain the hot water over top. After I strain the pasta I return it to the pot. I fill the pot with the pasta in it with cold water and let them both sit for @5 minutes. The pasta is cooling off in the pot and the veggies are warming up in the bowl. When the temperature is about the same in each container I pour the veggies in the pot with the pasta and strain both together back into the bowl to add sauce or dressing.

Frozen Veggies
Thawing Frozen Veggies
Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsDecember 22, 2008
Homemade gluten free pasta.
Gluten Free Pasta Recipes
Two colors of frozen ravioli.
Freezing Cooked Pasta
Frozen Juice Containers on White Background
Reusing Frozen Juice Containers
Tetrazzini Recipes, Chicken Tetrazzini
Chicken Tetrazzini Recipes