What bug is eating my plants?

What can I do to keep rabbits and bugs away from watermelons, cucumbers and muskmelon? And what kind of bug is eating my plants?

Sue from MN

For rabbits, try spreading dried bloodmeal around each plant, or around the perimeter of your garden. Rabbits don't like the smell and should stay away.

Other ideas:

~plant lavender or catnip around the perimeter of your garden

~ hang garlic cloves or make a spray of garlic cloves and water in the blender then spray around the garden

~sprinkle cayenne pepper around the plants

As for the bugs, I'm not sure which kind is eating your plant. I have similar holes in my plants that I have always blamed on my roly-poly pill bugs. I think it might actually be a slug. I've heard that you can get rid of both by putting beer or yeast mixed with water in a clean pop can or small bowl and burying it up to the top. The slugs will be drawn by the smell and end up drowning themselves (or get very intoxicated :) I have yet to try it, but my grandfather swore by it.

Hope that helps...

Looks Like earwigs

Try 3 drops dish soap in spray bottle 12oz

spray around Plants

every week till gone

Thanks for your feedback all.

After searching the internet, it "seems" that on some of my watermelon plants I have "Bacterial Wilt"... however, these plants are starting to come back, grow bew leaves and look healthy... should I let them grow or get rid of them?

Also, the radishes I planted are supposed to be round, they are coming out long & red, anyone know whats up? This is my first time gardening.

another one of my plants... if anyone has any idea whats growing, let me know. I forgot what I planted & where... so the names on the pictures might be wrong. Also, I have seperated these plants so they are not all smooshed together like this any more

help

Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlMay 31, 2007
Bored Kid at a Restaurant
Keep Children Entertained When Eating Out
Bug Sprayed on Wood Table
Cleaning a Bug Spray Stain on Wood Table
Ladybug on a blade of grass
Lady Bug Photos and Information
lady bug cupcakes
Bug Themed Birthday Party Ideas
🎄