Cleaning Sidewalk Chalk Off My Carpet

How can I remove pink (or any other color) sidewalk chalk from my carpet? I've vacuumed it repeatedly, which removed the chalk itself, but left the color. I tried sprinkling with cornstarch and letting it sit for a couple hours THEN vacuuming, but no results. It is against the baseboard of a small wall and extends out about 3 or 4 inches. Pretty color but not exactly what I would like to see on entering the house! By the way, this was the powdered sidewalk chalk, not a stick. Thanks!

SuperMum from Virginia

SuperMum have you tried Dawn dishwashing liquid and water hole?

Find out the kind of Chalk before adding water of any nature to it.

Many chalks today are done with water soluable coloring...but there are a few that are not. The box they come in should say which.

If not, then ummm...look up how to get dyes out and use the strongest method you can. It's better to be safe then sorry!

NOTE: SPOT CHECK your carpet before cleaning anything!

hehe...take some of the chalk, scribble on a rag, then clean the rag. This will tell you if even water alone can get it out :D

I would love to know if you found anything that worked...I too have lovely pink chalk on my carpet. No amount of stain remover, water, carpet cleaner will take it up! Amazing!! This stuff washes away in the rain, but get it on the carpet and it is there for life?!?

Resolve carpet cleaner worked for me.

Colorful Chalk
Cleaning Chalk Stains Off Carpet
Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetSeptember 5, 2006
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Sidewalk chalk drawing.
Homemade Sidewalk Chalk
Chalk
Cleaning Chalk Off Upholstered Furniture
chalk pastels
Making Chalk Drawings
🎉
🎄