Repurposing Furniture

To make custom furniture, take parts of cast off furniture and remake it to suit your needs. I took a short wide dresser and cut it down to just two drawers. I placed a cabinet on top, putting a drop down shelf in between to make a computer 'armoire'. The drop down shelf is my keyboard holder. I painted it a single color to make it look right.

I also took a small drawer unit from an end table and put legs on it to make an interesting new end table.

By bailey36 from Dowagiac, MI

You are a person of my heart. I do the same thing. I cut furniture down and use different sections for different things. Very rarely do I toss out or give away furniture unless I really don't want it. You did a beautiful job of pulling this all together. Thumbs up for you! thank you for sharing your talent.

Great job! I always look at things to be used in another fashion. It keeps things from going into the trash/landfills and you have something "new" to enjoy. Thanks for sharing this project with us.

Love it!

Since the top half is disproportionate to the bottom half and extends over the sides, I would be very concerned about the stability of it, not to mention the aesthetics.

Good job, wish hubby and I were this handy! Well, hubby is.

We took old TV stands we had, removed the middle shelf and made 1 into a cat feeding station to get the cat dishes off the floor. We put a narrow pantry we have that the door open and have shelving on top. This makes it easier for me to access what is inside the pantry without bending to get to the bottom shelves. It is actually very stable because it is smaller than the TV stand it was on.

We took another, removed the shelf on it and put a cat box on it. Keeps the litter off the floor because there is a lip that catches it and the bottom slides out for easy scooping. Keeps the pet areas so much neater.

Ideas For Repurposing Furniture
Ideas For Repurposing Furniture
Better Living Green Living ReusingApril 19, 2010
Finding the Value of Conant Ball Furniture
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
White changing table with drawers below.
Uses for a Baby Changing Table
🎉
🎄