Activity Ideas For A Doggie Get-Together!

A friend is hosting a get-together of 20 or so dogs (rescued cocker spaniels) and their owners, in late September. Does anyone have ideas on fun things they could do to make it a memorable event?

Dust Bunny from Upstate, New York

I don't know of any fun activities for the dogs, but some "doggie bags" with homemade dog treats would be fun to pass out to all those in attendance. Or, how about some of those layered mixes in a jar, so that the owners could make their own dog treats? I love making homemade dog biscuits for my two furbabies, and I like the fact that I know exactly what is going into them as my little Norwich Terrier has allergies. Have a fun get-together!!

I am a board member of Collie Rescue of Southeastern PA. We hold an annual picnic every year for everyone who has adopted a collie from us.

That invitation includes the family members as well as the collies. This year we had 45 humans present and 31 dogs. We hold a garage sale every year to pay for some of the meat. The rest are donations.

Everyone brings a dish. And, we have activities to keep everyone's interest. We have games and prizes for the dogs, we invite a groomer and vet to talk to the pet owners. Last year, we even had a dog whisper. It truly is alot of fun. Plus, we have raffle baskets that the contents were donated, and we sell raffles at $1 for one chance, and 6 for $5.

The raffles baskets were very nice - all new things.

So, we have a little extra money to help any collies/owners in need.

Pets Dogs AdviceSeptember 2, 2006
How To Recycle Paper
Making Recycled Paper
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
dog going out dog door
Dog Is Peeing In Front of Doggie Door
A woman wearing a bike helmet.
Teaching Bike Safety