Reusing Moving Boxes for Frequent Moves

If you know that you are going to be moving again shortly, or if you expect to relocate frequently, you might appreciate this tip from my military wife former mother-in-law, Mary Jo. She is now in a nursing home. I submit her ideas with admiration and as a tribute to her genius at efficiency matters.

She would line the open edges of moving boxes with clear tape so that the actual edges were wrapped cleanly around with tape. One long strip folded around would do it for each side. Then, when the box was fully packed (same items in same boxes each time for added efficiency) she would simply bring the top of the box together (taped edges would then be next to each other) and run a strip of masking tape down the middle, right on top of the tape-covered edges.

When it's time to open the box, the masking tape would peel neatly off the top, leaving the clear-taped edges of the box intact for the next use. No tape rips on cardboard. I don't know if the military has a different system now or not, but I have used this idea for every day purposes before. I hope it will be of help to someone.

By Cathy from DE

Thanx Cathy S....

What a great idea. My wife frequently relocates for her job, and this will help smooth out the transitional stage.

Wallace from Litte Rock

moving tips and tricks
Moving Tips and Tricks
Organizing MovingJuly 13, 2008
Alabama Sign
Moving to Alabama
Cigars in a Box
Craft Ideas for Cigar Boxes
Saving Money on Moving Boxes
Saving Money on Moving Boxes
Cigars in a Box
Uses for Cigar Boxes