Recipes Using Bagels

Sandwiches, mini pizzas, or with spreads, there are a variety of ways to prepare bagels. This page contains recipes using bagels.

August 25, 2011 Flag
I love the flavor combination of the ingredients for this sandwich and usually switch up how much of some of the ingredients used and hence why I suggest 'to taste'. Okay, I also happen to slather my bagels with the cream cheese mixture so please feel free to cut those amounts, or increase, if need be too.

• 1 large bagel, split and toasted
  • 3 tbsp cream cheese
  • 1 1/2 tbsp feta, crumbled
  • 1/4 tsp crushed garlic
  • Roma tomato, thinly sliced, to taste
  • cucumber, thinly sliced, to taste
  • red onion, thinly sliced, to taste
  • fresh basil, chopped, to taste

Directions:

Mix together the cream cheese, feta and garlic in a small bowl, spread the cream cheese mixture on both bagel halves, top one of the halves tomato, cucumber and onion slices, sprinkle with basil, top with the other bagel half and serve.

Sounds yummy!

Got lox?

July 13, 2007 Flag

My daughter has just come back from a trip to New York and brought me back a bag of New York bagels. I put them in the freezer but I have no idea what to do with them. How do you eat them, toasted or no? Do you put fillings in between or just toppings on each half? I'm vegetarian, please could anybody tell me what to do with them? They are just plain bagels with poppy seeds on top.

Cettina

bring them to my house, I will show you LOL

Yes; you toast them. THe New Yawker tradition

is w/a smear, i.e., cream cheese but any topping

of your choice will suffice.

If they not frozen, you can also pop them into

microwave just enough to warm if you do not

like the toasted method

with egg salad oh YUM lucky you NY bagels are the best ENJOY

You can eat bagels either toasted or untoasted just like any other bread ! However bagels are better toasted ..

September 14, 2009 Flag

Tasty for breakfast, a snack, lunch or as appetizers :-)

Directions:

Cut bagels in half horizontally (The bags of mini bagels I buy are already cut). Spread both cut sides with cream cheese.

Layer the ham, onion, cheese and lettuce on bottom half of the bagel. Cover with bagel top. You can cut into halves or quarters to serve as appetizers.

Serve immediately or wrap the bites in plastic wrap. They refrigerate well for up to 24 hours.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

September 22, 2005 Flag

I'm looking for ways to use bagels that are a few days old. Has anyone used them in a breakfast casserole type of a recipe or bread pudding or stuffing, etc.? I'd love to have recipes or direct me to a Website that might have some ideas.

Please help, me as I'm trying to be frugal on a limited income.

Thanks,
Eva

Bagels last for awhile so they wouldnt be stale or bad in just a few days. I would freeze them if you can't use them right away.

I have used a few day old bagels as the bread with dinner at times.

What I did to the bagels was this:

Get a frying pan out. Turn it to medium heat.

Put a tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, coat the bottom of the pan.

Cut the bagels in 1/2, then butter them.

Place the butter bagels in the pan. Let them crisp until golden brown.

The Garlic, The Everything and Plain bagels go VERY well with pasta!

We love baked bagels. Half your bagels and cover with cream cheese. Add a thin slice of ham(any kind will do. we like turkey ham.) Put sprouts any kind we prefer alfalfa though. Cover with a slice of american, cheddar or your choice of cheese. Nummmmmmmmy

Bake on 350* for about 8 minutes. Till cheeses melt.

We have most of these ingredients on hand so it is an easy, fast and inexpensive way to feed family. Of course hubby eats more then one. You can add what ever to it to make up your meal.

I read children should always eat potatoes, so we have them almost every day. We have potato farmers living up north a bit so we buy 50 to 100 lb at a time for about $8.00 a bag. If you bake them and slice in half almost all the way through, dig out the potato and mix like you would mashed potatoes. I add a small amount of bacon/bits, veggie of choice to help expand the meal. The kids really like this for dinner.

Baked squashes any kind you like are great and oven is on.

I try to do as much with the oven at that time as I can. It helps cut on cost and baking a few extra potatoes are great for fried potatoes the next day with eggs.

I've tried the recipe using 7 cinnamon bagels (cut up) and then placed in a baking dish. Pour a mixture of 12 eggs, 1 block of cream cheese (diced),and 1 small bottle of syrup. Cover the casserole with one can of apple pie mix and then sprinkle with cinnamon. Cover with aluminum foil, bake at 350 for at least an hour or until a knife comes out clean. This recipe can also be done with blueberry bagels and substitute blueberry pie mix.

November 3, 2010 Flag

Mix the cream cheese, mustard, and honey in a small bowl. Spread cream cheese mixture over cut sides of bagel halves, top two halves evenly with ham, top with remaining two halves, and serve.

June 11, 2013 Flag

This page contains pizza bagel recipes. A quick way to make individual pizzas is to make a pizza bagel. You can even make a variety of flavors to please the whole family.

Pizza Bagels

April 23, 2012 Flag

I like using sesame bagels with this flavor combination the best but plain bagels are good too. The amount of cucumber and radishes you use for this recipe will depend on how much each person likes to load their bagels ;-)

December 5, 2008 Flag

Mix all of the ingredients together and serve with bagel pieces. This keeps for several days in the refrigerator.

March 1, 2007 Flag

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place bagel slices on baking sheet. In small bowl, combine oil and garlic; brush onto slices. Sprinkle with cheese.

June 10, 2005 Flag

In food processor, blend all of the above ingredients (except bagels). Chill at least 2 hours. Toast bagels, cut into bite-sized pieces. Serve with the dip.

Food and Recipes Recipes AdviceApril 24, 2012
Hard Bagels
Softening Hard Bagels
A variety of bagels.
Freezing Bagels
Bagels
Storing Bagels
Pimento Cheese Spread
Pimento Cheese Spread Recipes
🎉
🎄