Bissell Carpet Shampooer Isn't Working

The possible causes for the malfunction of your shampooer may be solved by a simple home fix rather than an expensive professional. This guide offers suggestions for troubleshooting a Bissell Carpet Shampooer.

Carpet Shampooer
Filter Sort

Question: Bissell Carpet Shampooer Isn't Working

By clarissa price 1

I have a Bissell shampooer and it will not release the water, but it will suck up the water. What is the problem?

By Clarissa from Laurel, MD

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Best Answers

By bobbob 1 Flag

I have had one of these for the last 4 years, and it has never worked properly, it has been to Service 2000 (repairers) a minimum of 6 times, and has never been fixed properly. It has, yet again stopped squirting water out, so before I threw it in the skip, I decided to have a go at repairing it myself, what I found was a kink in one of the water pipes, the pipe goes inside the main body of the machine, very close to where the heater is, it seems, that when the heater gets hot, it softens the rubber pipe, allowing it to bend over on itself, starving the pump of water. I have removed the heater as I believe it offers little in the way the machine operates, and have cut the kink out of the damaged pipe, joined it together with a connector removed from the heater, and re-routed the pipe to avoid any sharp bends, hey presto, it squirts water out!!! Now why couldn't Bissell have worked that one out?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Omaha243 1 Flag

Thanks Bob. After taking all the hoses off the heater and cleaning them, I still couldn't get a spray except from the tool attachment. I then checked the spray nozzles, as suggested. Both nozzles were clogged. Now it runs fine. Thanks again.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Bissell Carpet Cleaner Brushes Not Moving

By Snap-on W. 1

I have a brand new Bissell ProHeat Premiere 2x. I used it once and now the brushes are not moving. When you press the power button, the brushes turn for about 2 seconds and then stop. What could be causing this?

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Best Answer

By DCA 4 1,344 Flag

Since you just purchased the cleaner, you should contact the store or the manufacturer for help. There could be many problems but a new cleaner should work perfectly for you.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Suction on Shampooer Does Not Work

By jim blair 1

My Bissell Pro Heat carpet shampooer, will not suck up any water.

By Jim from Energy, IL

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Best Answer

By ann 9 32 Flag

See if the opening to where the water extracts into the dirty tank is clogged. This happened to me on a different model. I removed the extraction tank and wiped off the screen where the water filters into the tank that was clogged and it works fine now. Good luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Repair AppliancesSeptember 10, 2013
    ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
    A package of cornmeal.
    Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
    Someone using a carpet cleaner.
    Homemade Carpet Shampoo Recipes
    Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
    Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
    Hoover Platinum Carpet Shampooer
    Using a Hoover Platinum Collection Carpet Shampooer
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:12:36 AM on 10.0.1.200 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestions
    NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
    Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
    BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
    CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings