Bissell Carpet Shampooer Isn't Working

I have a Bissell shampooer and it will not release the water, but it will suck up the water. What is the problem?

By clarissa price from Laurel, MD

Best Answer

I have had one of these for the last 4 years, and it has never worked properly, it has been to Service 2000 (repairers) a minimum of 6 times, and has never been fixed properly. It has, yet again stopped squirting water out, so before I threw it in the skip, I decided to have a go at repairing it myself, what I found was a kink in one of the water pipes, the pipe goes inside the main body of the machine, very close to where the heater is, it seems, that when the heater gets hot, it softens the rubber pipe, allowing it to bend over on itself, starving the pump of water. I have removed the heater as I believe it offers little in the way the machine operates, and have cut the kink out of the damaged pipe, joined it together with a connector removed from the heater, and re-routed the pipe to avoid any sharp bends, hey presto, it squirts water out!!! Now why couldn't Bissell have worked that one out?

Best Answer

Thanks Bob. After taking all the hoses off the heater and cleaning them, I still couldn't get a spray except from the tool attachment.

I then checked the spray nozzles, as suggested. Both nozzles were clogged. Now it runs fine. Thanks again.

That's what has been wrong with mine. Thank you a lot!

Dumb me put baking soda and vinegar in my Bissell carpet shampooer. Now mine won't spray? What can i do? It was stupid of me to do that. It is brand new.

Hi there, I am terri from the central coast,who had the same problem. I also posted asking for ideas.
I solved my problem by buying a Hoover!I absolutely love it. I will never buy a bissell again.

My one is the opposite, it doesn't lift the water after shampooing. :-(

Have tried cleaning it etc. to no avail. Sorry, I can't help.