Bissell Carpet Shampooer Isn't Working

Category Appliances
The possible causes for the malfunction of your shampooer may be solved by a simple home fix rather than an expensive professional. This guide offers suggestions for troubleshooting a Bissell Carpet Shampooer.

I have a Bissell shampooer and it will not release the water, but it will suck up the water. What is the problem?

By clarissa price from Laurel, MD

Answers

Best Answer

I have had one of these for the last 4 years, and it has never worked properly, it has been to Service 2000 (repairers) a minimum of 6 times, and has never been fixed properly. It has, yet again stopped squirting water out, so before I threw it in the skip, I decided to have a go at repairing it myself, what I found was a kink in one of the water pipes, the pipe goes inside the main body of the machine, very close to where the heater is, it seems, that when the heater gets hot, it softens the rubber pipe, allowing it to bend over on itself, starving the pump of water. I have removed the heater as I believe it offers little in the way the machine operates, and have cut the kink out of the damaged pipe, joined it together with a connector removed from the heater, and re-routed the pipe to avoid any sharp bends, hey presto, it squirts water out!!! Now why couldn't Bissell have worked that one out?

Best Answer

Thanks Bob. After taking all the hoses off the heater and cleaning them, I still couldn't get a spray except from the tool attachment.

I then checked the spray nozzles, as suggested. Both nozzles were clogged. Now it runs fine. Thanks again.

My Bissell Pro Heat carpet shampooer, will not suck up any water.

By jim blair from Energy, IL

Answers

Best Answer

See if the opening to where the water extracts into the dirty tank is clogged. This happened to me on a different model. I removed the extraction tank and wiped off the screen where the water filters into the tank that was clogged and it works fine now. Good luck!

The handle sprays, won't suck. The bottom sucks, but won't spray. What gives?

Answers

What do you mean by the handle spray's won't stuck? Like suctions?
Depending on your product you can easily search.

For example:
https://www.bis  7bb-0e2c4884d917

If the handle doesn't spray, the tension at the trigger may be off.
If the cleaner doesn't spray, there may be a clog somewhere.

Bissel's website gives a great tutorial with pictures here: https://www.bis  cd0-c1b1cab3d083

I have a brand new Bissell ProHeat Premiere 2x. I used it once and now the brushes are not moving. When you press the power button, the brushes turn for about 2 seconds and then stop.

What could be causing this?

Answers

Best Answer

Since you just purchased the cleaner, you should contact the store or the manufacturer for help. There could be many problems but a new cleaner should work perfectly for you.

I just used my Bissell and I plugged it in again and it won't start. The outlets are fine and so is the filter. Why won't it start? Please help.

Answers

The contact switch sounds like it's not making contact. It could also be a problem with the motor. Here are a few things to check.

1. Check the cleaner and make sure the brushes are free from all hair, thread or other object that can get wrapped around the rollers.
  2. If you just finished using the cleaner, check to see if the motor is extremely hot. This can have a safety switch so you don't burn up your cleaner. If it is hot, just wait about 30 minutes before trying to start it again.
  3. Check your contact switch if you are handy with tools. You can open the handle and make sure the switch is making contact.
  4. You can also check the switch with a volt meter to make sure your contact switch is working correctly or not.
  5. Visist this website and download some of the PDF files to help you further troubleshoot the problem with your cleaner. http://www.fixy  t_wet_dry_vacuum

My Bissell ProHeat 2X, 9400-4 07260c, does not spray onto the carpet, but water is going into the bottom tank like it sucked it up off the floor. However, the floor is dry. Any suggestions?

Answers

Bissell has an excellent troubleshooting guide. It is difficult to understand what part of the carpet cleaner isn't working properly.

There are several reasons why the machine won't spray on the floor, but the second tank fills up. Please go here and use the troubleshooting guide to help you determine what is wrong with the carpet cleaners.

https://www.bis  4d2-bc91ac3a48a8

I have a Bissell Pro heat carpet shampooer. I have taken it completely apart to clean it and now it won't spray water out. It will suck water up, just won't spray it out. Any ideas as to why? I don't have it in the budget right now to buy a new one. Thanks so much.

By terri from Central CA Coast

Answers:

Bissell Carpet Shampooer Isn't Working

Did some crud come loose and plug it? (11/26/2009)

By Joan

Bissell Carpet Shampooer Isn't Working

I have the same shampooer and some bad news. We've both bought a bad brand. Every time I use mine I have to take it to the repairman. Plus I have tried and tried to get help from Bissell to no avail. I have bought 3 different Bissell products and have had nothing. but problems with every one, and no help at all from the company, even while still under warranty. I have a policy now; nothing with the Bissell name on it will ever come into my house ever again! (11/30/2009)

By Cricket

My Bissell carpet shampooer does not spray water and solution. Any ideas on what to do?

By Oneta Mutchler from Fort Worth, TX

Answers:

Bissell Carpet Shampooer Isn't Working

Check spray nozzle, maybe try to run some vinegar water through it and see if that helps. (09/23/2009)

By PENNY K

Bissell Carpet Shampooer Isn't Working

The Bissell has a small pump that is trigger fired. This could be stuck since it is plastic, or if you run detergent through the machine, the alkaline buildup could cause it to stop working. Try WD40 on the trigger to see if that helps or try to get to the pump and see if there is a short or other problem. (09/23/2009)

By BigFish1

Bissell Carpet Shampooer Isn't Working

I don't have a Bissel, but had a similar problem. The tank that holds the water and soap was not properly locked down. The spray/water was not coming out. I opened and properly shut the tank and it was fine. Good luck. (09/24/2009)

By Edith