Saving Padded Mailers

Occasionally, I receive padded mailers through the mail and always keep them to reuse. Most address labels, stamps and return address labels can be removed totally. If not, some brown tape will cover what's left. These recycled mailers can be used again, and you've saved the cost of new ones. It's been several years since I have had to purchase any.

By Ronsan from Southwest Missouri

Whatever you do, if you do nothing else, be sure to cover the bar code at the bottom of the envelope. It contains your address, and the envelope will come back to you, and you'll have to use new postage. Ooops.

I find the easiest and cheapest way to remove labels from envelopes, boxes, magazines, etc. is to squirt a little lighter fluid on it. It releases the sticky label and evaporates. In most cases, there is no sticky left and no stain either. And the odor dissipates quickly.

Harlean from Arkansas

I find re-using padded and bubble mailers ok only if the mailer is A-1 condition. If it's dirty, torn, or loaded with stickers that won't come off, I re-use them in a different manner. I simply cut them open and turn them around. Then paste them into an old box to give it more support. The paper and labels are not seen and still provide extra security to hole-puncturing and leakage. Works great and saves on foam, air cushions, or having to double-box. Sometimes if I only need the bubble wrap, I'll cut out it out of the mailer and use it again.