Natural Remedies for Tinnitus

Does anybody have any natural remedies or help for tinnitus (constant ear ringing)? It's driving my poor husband nuts. He is consulting with a good ear/nose/throat doctor, but the doctor has told him that there just isn't any help available, no medications, no surgery, nothing. There may be something in the way of a cure or help in about 5-7 years, but nothing now. We've looked on the Internet too, but can't find any help. Thanks.

By Lynn from Calif. from Chico, CA

I don't know if you would call this a 'remedy' but it worked for me. Briefly, I gave up ALL caffeine. After a few months I noticed a sharp reduction in the ringing in my ears. All caffeine includes chocolate which I dearly loved. No medicine or anything involved and it may help. On the slightly gross side, quitting caffeine also eliminated my rectal itching. But, as they say, your mileage may vary.

I had that and I know this will sound crazy but my Doctor told me to sit on the side of the bed in the middle and flop from one side lay for a count of 10 then come up slow do it to the other side lay there for a count of 10 do this a few times it helped me she called it the fish out of water LOL

Hi Lynn

Yes I know the feeling, I have it too. This is what helps me, when he goes to bed turn the TV sound just to where he can barely hear it and put a small fan at the end of the bed on low speed. The slight sound will tune out the tinnitus.I don't believe caffeine has anything to do with tinnitus but some people may experience symptoms in different ways.Stress can make it worse so he needs to stay calm.

No there is no cure but it's manageable.Allergies,like in the springtime can also make it worse. AS long as there's some kind of sound around, he won't be bothered with it so much. Good luck!

Try looking up earthclinic.com. They have info on almost everything and all of it I've tried has been very good.

Good Luck!

Hi Lynn!

Try Ginko Biloba. I know it works because when I forget to take it the pinging returns. Good luck!

earthclinic.com DOES have a lot of good suggestions for natural healing! Pray first, and try what God created in the way of natural things a few days to a week before ever going to a medical doctor, unless an emergency / severe injury. He knows what to do as our Creator!

This site had a lot of info on it. maybe it will help.

http://www.home-remedies-for-you.com/remedy/Tinnitus.html

copy whole address.

Keep your blood pressure under control. That was a big help for me. I finally got my doctor to send me to an audiologist, who tested my hearing. From all the years of tinnitus, it affected my hearing as well. So, I got fitted with hearing aids, dual control. the top dial I can adjust for volume, the bottom one is for "white noise", which sounds like a seashell put to your ear. You can obtain hearing aids with just the "white noise" helper. Believe me, its worth every penny. I can now hear TV shows, and engage in conversations, and ahem, properly respond back.

Many times I didn't hear words clearly and was embarrassed with my responses. I hope this helps. My insurance only wanted to pay a portion, so I appealed to them with a letter stating things like how much they will save on psychologist bills, and dentist bills-as the jaws clench tightly when your frustrated from not hearing, and upset emotionally from it was well. They paid the whole amount!

I really sympathize. This happened to me all of a sudden! Some days it would go away and others it was non-stop! What I discovered was that certain meds or even vitamins or drinks would make it occur or make it worse. Caffeine (from coffee or tea), sleep medications including those prescribed by doctors, pain medications even those prescribed by doctors, and someone posted this, but I had high blood pressure and if it went up high (150+) the tinnitis would come on too! Even the meds for HBP brought it on sometimes. Be sure to take a multivitamin (with a meal only) and be sure to get B Complex vitamins, they have helped me. Do not take your vitamins after 3 p.m., they can cause insomnia, at least for me they do. God Bless and Heal you!

Health & Beauty Home RemediesJuly 8, 2009
Photo of a plum tree with delicious fruit.
Natural Pesticide Solutions for Fruit Trees
A woman treating a blemish.
Natural Blemish Removers
Onions growing in the ground.
Growing Onions
buzzing in your ear
Buzzing in Your Ears
🎄
🍂