Getting Cymbidium Orchids to Bloom

How do I get my cymbidium orchids to re-bloom?

By Joey A from Philadelphia

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Orchids thrive on neglect, so don't over water. They also like a shady spot. I would trim off the old flower stem, and wait and see. I got an orchid that some one had thrown out. I fed it with a liquid fee that contains no copper, and suddenly it was in bloom. They do take a while to re-bloom once the blooms die off. I water once a week a good soaking.

Most nurseries and garden centres will stock fertilizers for orchids. There are two kinds, one kind to stimulate growth and the other is formulated to stimulate flowering. It has a higher proportion of potassium. If you over water it you will get a lot of yellow leaves and a sick looking plant. Most orchid potting mixes have a high content of bark and are very coarse, the water will generally go straight through. After a few years in the same pot its a good idea to repot the orchid and this will sometime stimulate more flowers. Good luck.

Home and Garden Gardening FlowersApril 1, 2009
Pink Christmas Cactus
Getting a Christmas Cactus to Bloom
growing orchids
Growing Orchids
Repotting Orchid
Repotting Orchids
Hibiscus Flower
Getting Hibiscus Flowers to Bloom
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 7:57:27 PM on 10.0.0.21 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.