Use Ziplock Bags for Space Saving Storage

Ziplock bag come in some very large sizes now. I recently tried using a vacuum hose to suck the excess air out like the space bags that are advertised but are expensive. It worked! I'm now going to use these to pack my bins for the next move.

By notwrong

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

I have finally tackled overwhelming stack of paperwork using the zip lock bags. One for URGENT bills, long term filing, get to when I am able bills, leisure notes (hobbies,etc.). I tackled the first bag yesterday and went through all the info for our bank switchover. This has been a tremendous stress release for me.

Once you finish a bag you can save it for use at another time.

I use them for my sewing patterns. A gallon size is perfect for that.

I have also used strong trash bags the same way for storing pillows, blankets, etc. Unless there is a tear in the bag it always works.

Wish I had used this idea. The space bags (especially if there from some company other than the original company like youronlinestore.com) are not worth the money! Air keeps leaking back in within the hour despite following directions. And this company return and refund policies is such a hassle and they make it so that you can't return them because of packaging issues!

Thanks for this idea! I do have these bags and will be doing it your way now.

So funny you posted about this. I purchased the kind they claimed you could roll to the end of it tightly when filled, and the air should go out. Right! Wasted money on those. Thanks for your tip. I will try this!

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Box of Ziploc bags.
Organizing With Ziplock Bags
Organizing StorageJune 11, 2009
Ziploc Bag
Using Ziploc Bags
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags, Coins in Zip-Lock Bag
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags
Homemade Space Bags
Homemade Space Bags
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 27, 2016 at 3:05:16 AM on 10.0.2.150 in 984 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.