Power of Attorney Responsibilities

Does the person who has POA for a parent, have a responsibility to provide financial reports to the other siblings?

By Loretta from IL

I beleive the answer would be no. But others might have more info or you may find more info on the internet somewhere. Like Ask.com

I honestly don't know about legally but morally I think they should! This is a question best asked from the heart or from an attorney.

Hello,

The answer is yes. Other siblings have a right to know and if you don't provide them with the information, they can take you to court to get any answers they need to know.

I cant answer legally as I am not a lawyer, but I think if you respect family unity, I would do so. Ask yourself how you would feel if the situation were reversed.

No they don't, unfortunately!

I don't know what the legal responsibility would be, but unless there is a greedy sibling trying to get something that does not belong to them, I would share as much info as possible to keep peace.

No, the person designated with power of attorney doesn't have to provide financial reports.