Power of Attorney Responsibilities

Does the person who has POA for a parent, have a responsibility to provide financial reports to the other siblings?

By Loretta from IL

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I beleive the answer would be no. But others might have more info or you may find more info on the internet somewhere. Like Ask.com

I honestly don't know about legally but morally I think they should! This is a question best asked from the heart or from an attorney.

Hello,

The answer is yes. Other siblings have a right to know and if you don't provide them with the information, they can take you to court to get any answers they need to know.

I cant answer legally as I am not a lawyer, but I think if you respect family unity, I would do so. Ask yourself how you would feel if the situation were reversed.

No they don't, unfortunately!

I don't know what the legal responsibility would be, but unless there is a greedy sibling trying to get something that does not belong to them, I would share as much info as possible to keep peace.

No, the person designated with power of attorney doesn't have to provide financial reports.

Answer

Power of Attorney
Responsibilities of a Power of Attorney
Budget & Finance AdviceAugust 11, 2010
Couple getting SSI help.
Finding a Good Social Security Attorney
Power of Attorney
Duration of a Power of Attorney
Shower Power Cleaner
Buying Shower Power Cleaner
power outage kitchen
Cooking When the Power Goes Out
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 24, 2016 at 4:10:02 PM on 10.0.0.251 in 364 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.