Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Power of Attorney Responsibilities

Does the person who has POA for a parent, have a responsibility to provide financial reports to the other siblings?

By Loretta from IL

By Fionar Booker09/04/2010

No, the person designated with power of attorney doesn't have to provide financial reports.

By cdoss [10]08/16/2010

I don't know what the legal responsibility would be, but unless there is a greedy sibling trying to get something that does not belong to them, I would share as much info as possible to keep peace.

By Dena Roberts [31]08/15/2010

No they don't, unfortunately!

By Lizzyanny [9]08/14/2010

I cant answer legally as I am not a lawyer, but I think if you respect family unity, I would do so. Ask yourself how you would feel if the situation were reversed.

By Sherri [6]08/14/2010

Hello,
The answer is yes. Other siblings have a right to know and if you don't provide them with the information, they can take you to court to get any answers they need to know.

By Anonymous [848]08/13/2010

I honestly don't know about legally but morally I think they should! This is a question best asked from the heart or from an attorney.

By Suntydt [75]08/11/2010

I beleive the answer would be no. But others might have more info or you may find more info on the internet somewhere. Like Ask.com