Add to GuideAsk a Question

Can I Get My Friend's POA Changed?

Category Legal
Changing a Power of Attorney designation is sometimes necessary. Here is information to answer the question: "Can I get my friend's POA changed?"


Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.

By 0 found this helpful
January 19, 2017

My friend got sick and ended up in the hospital. She fell and broke her back, while there. She was put in a nursing home for rehab, while there she suddenly became unresponsive. She ended up in the hospital again only to recover and go back to the nursing home. Within a little over an hour at the home she became unresponsive again and was sent back to the hospital. This time she got a so-called bacterial infection and did not totally come back after a day. Her POA signed for her to die because she wasn't going to get better. She is still hanging on, after getting huge amounts of morphine and Atavan. Can I get help to intervene?


January 19, 20170 found this helpful

I would go to a lawyer with documentation proving why this person is not a good power of attorney. It can be revoked, but you need legal help.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
January 19, 20170 found this helpful

How is it that you wish to intervene? do you wish to help her go, or keep her on life support? IN such questions I don't see a better solution than consulting with a lawyer. IF you can't afford a lawyer, look up 'legal aid' in your area. This will point you to folks who can better answer your question.


If she does recover her senses, have her create a living will document or otherwise give you POA so that if this comes up again you have more recourse

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
January 19, 20170 found this helpful

You state this is a friend - is it a family member that holds the POA? Or are family members involved in the decision to stop any life support?

I guess what I am wondering is how does the family feel about the decision made by the holder of the POA?

You do know that all control of anything that has to do with your ill friend by the holder of the POA will stop (cease to exist) upon the death of the person?

Only an attorney can really help with what you are asking but I believe you should also be talking to her family about their wishes.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
January 19, 20170 found this helpful

To fight it, it will become a court matter, so you will need to start with getting attorney.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
Read More Answers
Related Content
In This Guide
Business and Legal LegalJanuary 31, 2017
Summer Ideas!
Father's Day Ideas!
Fourth of July Ideas!
Pest Control
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.

Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2019 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Generated 2019/06/11 21:26:38 in 836 msecs. ⛅️️ ⚡️
Loading Something Awesome!