Share Crafts

Making a Book Stack Lamp

Stack of Books Lamp

Having an excess of unnecessary books or encyclopedias can be used in creative ways. This guide is about making a book stack lamp.

Solutions: Making a Book Stack Lamp

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Book Stack Lamps

Stack of Books LampI am doing lamps made from old books that have neat covers, plus I turn wood on a turning lathe for the risers. It's goes well in book stores like ours in Gray, Kema's Used Books.

By Funwithwood from Gray, GA

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Tip: Book Lamp

Lamp, with the lampstand being a stack of books.

Approximate Time: 30 minutes

• books
  • lamp kit
  • shade
  • cord
  • electric drill

At a recycled fair, I spotted an interesting lamp. I wish I had a photo, sadly I didn't get one.

The creator had taken books and drilled a hole through the center of each book, then stacked them in an interesting pattern. She then inserted a lamp kit into the hole at the top of the stack of books, with the cord running down through the hole. The books were glued into place, then the cord pulled through the rest of the way. The shade was placed on the top. So, basically envision a lamp with the lampstand being a stack of books. Perfect for a reading nook, next to the bed or in the library.

By April from NW, MO

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!