Making a Book Stack Lamp

Having an excess of unnecessary books or encyclopedias can be used in creative ways. This guide is about making a book stack lamp.

July 31, 2009 Flag

I am doing lamps made from old books that have neat covers, plus I turn wood on a turning lathe for the risers. It's goes well in book stores like ours in Gray, Kema's Used Books.

By Funwithwood from Gray, GA

That is really neat. How do you drill the holes in the books. Can we have instructions on how you assembled the lamp.

So cool! I think this look is becoming trendy...saw a wedding show where the gal used stacks of books as the main part of her centerpiece and it was very attractive. Hey, the classics never go out of style do they?

'How' do you make these? Instructions would be a big help. This post was under crafts/projects.

October 18, 2012 Flag

Lamp, with the lampstand being a stack of books.

Approximate Time: 30 minutes

At a recycled fair, I spotted an interesting lamp. I wish I had a photo, sadly I didn't get one.

The creator had taken books and drilled a hole through the center of each book, then stacked them in an interesting pattern. She then inserted a lamp kit into the hole at the top of the stack of books, with the cord running down through the hole. The books were glued into place, then the cord pulled through the rest of the way. The shade was placed on the top. So, basically envision a lamp with the lampstand being a stack of books. Perfect for a reading nook, next to the bed or in the library.

By April from NW, MO

Great idea....I will do it

Crafts Recycled Crafts OtherApril 10, 2012
Self-Publishing a Book
Self-Publishing a Book
Stack of paperback books.
Repairing a Paperback Book
Photos of wine bottle lamps with decorations.
Making a Wine Bottle Lamp
Teapot Lamp
Making a Teapot Lamp