Making a Book Stack Lamp

Having an excess of unnecessary books or encyclopedias can be used in creative ways. This guide is about making a book stack lamp.

Stack of Books Lamp
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Stack of Books LampI am doing lamps made from old books that have neat covers, plus I turn wood on a turning lathe for the risers. It's goes well in book stores like ours in Gray, Kema's Used Books.

By Funwithwood from Gray, GA

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Lamp, with the lampstand being a stack of books.

Approximate Time: 30 minutes

• books
  • lamp kit
  • shade
  • cord
  • electric drill

Instructions:

At a recycled fair, I spotted an interesting lamp. I wish I had a photo, sadly I didn't get one.

The creator had taken books and drilled a hole through the center of each book, then stacked them in an interesting pattern. She then inserted a lamp kit into the hole at the top of the stack of books, with the cord running down through the hole. The books were glued into place, then the cord pulled through the rest of the way. The shade was placed on the top. So, basically envision a lamp with the lampstand being a stack of books. Perfect for a reading nook, next to the bed or in the library.

By April from NW, MO

Crafts Recycled Crafts OtherApril 10, 2012
Self-Publishing a Book
Self-Publishing a Book
Stack of paperback books.
Repairing a Paperback Book
Photos of wine bottle lamps with decorations.
Making a Wine Bottle Lamp
Teapot Lamp
Making a Teapot Lamp
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 1, 2016 at 4:05:09 PM on 10.0.0.14 in 232 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.