Rudy (Dachshund Mix)

Rudy is 8 years old. We think he is Dachshund, Chihuahua and Terrier mix. We got him in 2002. My son was working at a house (remodeling) and the dog showed up at lunch to share his McDonald's food. He'd been sleeping in an old tin building in the back yard. The owner said he'd better be gone by the time they move in or else he would get rid of him. My son called me and even though we did not want another dog we got attached to him and kept him. Our dog Whitney was getting old (15) and we thought he'd be good to have in case she went to heaven. He had been kicked and hit, we are sure, because he goes after people's shoes and bites them. We keep away from everyone except the close family members.

He chases reflections from mirrors and lights. We send them on the ceiling and he goes around the rooms biting up at the ceiling at the reflections. He sits motionless for hours staring at a reflection he saw. Waiting for it to return.

He follows me around whenever I leave a room. He gets in the bathtub when it rains. He shivers when a storm is occurring. He perks up when he hears aluminum foil being unwrapped and comes looking for food, I suspect. He hates the sound of crinkling paper. When you remove a coat or clothing, he goes into his little retreat fetal position or runs away. Don't know what that's all about. The sound must hurt his big ears. He just has weird habits. Anyway, the picture I am sending is him laying in a bed full of material strips I've cut up to make rag rugs with. He thought it was comfy on them. His look says, "No, mommy don't put me down."

By Donna from Millbury, OH

Rudy (Dachshund Mix)

Rudy looks like a real sweetie. He was probably abused and that is why he goes into fetal position.

Our Jack Russell was left in a kennel with no food

or water for about 3 weeks and the lady who found her was taking her to the pound so I took her. I was going to find her a good home and then I kept her.

It took a while for her not to hide from everything.

Now she is a swwet lap doggie! She was 1 year old

and 6 pounds now she is 4 years old and 20 pounds. She is one happy girl. Thank you for

saving Rudy, your son was great to take her

to you.

Appears you get as much enjoyment from Rudy as Rudy gets from you. You are both very lucky!

Cute dog. I am actually wondering how you make your rag rugs? I have tried several different methods and they never turn out.

I want to hug her! Won't you give her a hug for me and tell her it was from one of your Thrifty Fun friends.

Rudy is the cutest, and one lucky dog. Perhaps he would benefit from having a sister or brother to play with?

Photos Pets DogsOctober 23, 2007
Chex Mix
Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
Bowl of salsa with ingredients in background.
Dry Salsa Mix Recipes
Dachshund and Schnauzer Mix
Dachshund and Schnauzer Mixed Breed Information and Photos
Dachshund/Pomeranian Mix Photos