Dachshund/Pomeranian Mix Photos

Category Dog Breeds
These mixed breed dogs are small and very nice companions. This page contains dachshund/pomeranian mix photos.

I have a Daschund, she is 2 and has had one litter and is going to have a second May 22nd. I bred her with a Pom and was woundering if anyone has any info on how they will look or any pictures. I have tred to find some photos online but haven't had any luck. I don't think it's very popular mix.

Thanks,
Blakeylou2

Answers

Sophie is half dachshund/half Pomeranian mix. Not to worry, they're adorable! (see how cute she is)

I live in Michigan and would like to purchase a dameranian. Do you know of any breeders in my area? I've been unsuccessful in finding anyone on the internet.

They will look great! we have one, and he looks just like the pom, but his sister looks like the dachshund (long haired) there is much in common with both of the breeds and you might just be helping to stop the back problems of the dachshund breed. enjoy the pups!

by the way I never wanted a small breed dog before. I was always in to the ex large breeds, newfie's, mals, huskies, etc. but when my son an d his girlfriend brought this little walking ball of fur to me, my heart just melted!! So now me and Elvis are doing just fine and are joined at the heart!

My Daisy, her baby picture is down below. She weighs 12 pounds. She is a very sweet girl and very beautiful too :] She was due with puppies in this picture. The pups are npw 1 week today and you would never know she had any, she is skinny and no sagging... lucky Daisy :]

How did you puppies turn out? We just lost our Dach/Pom mix, She was a wonderful dog. I would like to find another one.

This is my little PomaDot. She was 7 weeks old here. Right after this picture was taken her ears started to stand up (Like a pom's) I miss her floppy ears but she is still such a cute little puppy!

I have 3 Dach/Pom mix. Mamma the Dachsund, Daddy the Pom. My boy's are all brothers, same parents 1st, 2cd, 3rd litter. Elvis, Harley, Denny. They are about 7 month apart in age, the Baby, Denny, is quit the character. His brothers are gentle and caring with him. They have brought me so much joy and laughter. I have what we call a tail waggin party, and those curly tails, just start going.

Denny, born 1/16/11. I walk 1-3 miles along the Boyou in my subdivison, daily. Denny is just now able to really keep up with us (I carry him, when he gets tired. And he'll let me know when he's ready for "Daddy", to pick him up).

Watching them when we walk (I give em free time, and take the leash off), is so much FUN!! They play, play, play, its just a hoot!!

This is my baby, Roscoe. He is a Doc pom mix and is going on 3 years old. lovable, loyal, playful, sometimes stubborn, and for some reason has an odd fascination with socks that have been worn, LOL. The best breed of dog I have ever owned. Mine seems to take after the pom side in characteristics, until he gets scared or protective, then the Doc side comes out.

This is Bailey, she's my 7 year old "Weineranian". I wanted to share a pic since she looks so much different than any of the other pics on here!

She must be a bit of a mutant, but she's my child and I love her. :)

I own a medium haired Pomeranian dachshund mix. He is my child. I also studied up on what to expect so I know what's true or not about their compalibilty and I will be honest. I would not recommend them living in a house with young children because they do get threatened easily by a over amount of hyperness that a young child or even a young dog would bring into to the mix. I'm not saying they're bad with children but they're bad with too much energy.

They are definitely lap dogs. They love cuddling. They don't need long walks but I give mine long walks anyway, because he loves it lol but not only are they lap dogs but they are yappers. I have a skate park down the street from me and my dog goes crazy with the yapping when he hears those skaters skateboarding down our street on the way to the skate park. But besides the yapping and being wary around hyper children they tend to be really stubborn. Trust me stubborn does not even cover it but they are a really awesome breed mix and this is coming from someone who grew up with a husky and pitbull and was sworn to larger dog breeds. So enjoy, hope I helped.

Have any new litters? Want a dameranian so bad....

Can anyone estimate how big my puppy will get? She is 10-11 weeks old and weighs 3 1/2 lbs. She is a Dachshund/Pomeranian mix. I'm not sure if its mini Dachshund or standard and that's part of what I'm trying to figure out. Thanks for your help!

By Chasity from Nashville, TN

Answers

Hi Daisy and Family, You are a cutie! I am from TN also, around Bristol area.

One good indicator is the paws. The dogs usually grow into them. Or if you know the parents, take a good look.
I am sure you will love your pup no matter what size. Cute picture of a cute dog.

My vet confirmed that you can estimated a puppy's adult weight by taking their 8 weeks weight and mulitping by 3 or their 12 week weight and multiply by 2. This will give you a very close estimate of their adult weight. My puppy was 6 lbs. at 12 weeks so her adult weight should be about 12 lbs. Hope this helps.

Thanks everyone!

Dauschunds typically have big paws. They don't grow into them like other dogs.

Hi we rescue a pomdash she is 8 & 1/2 years old she weighs 18 to 20 pounds she is a long hair about 3 inches we had her 4 & 1/2 years.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Radar is about 12 years old and is 1/2 Pom-1/2 Doxie. We bought him from a family friend For fun, he likes to be the boss! He was hurt 5 years ago from ice falling from the roof of a porch, he lost the use of his hind legs. We didn't want to put him to sleep because of our love for him. My oldest son who lives with me made a cart for him from a old baby buggy frame. He has been on wheels now since February 2004 and still going strong.

By Joan Leber from Central IA

Dog with rear leg wheeled cart.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 42

Angel was 14 years old when she passed away on March 23,2009. She was a longhaired Dachshund and Pomeranian mix. I was nursing in Southern California and became friends with the granddaughter of one of my patients. She owned the parents of the puppies that were to be born and said I needed one! I saw her at 1 day old and brought her home at 6 weeks old. She weighed 19 1/2 ounces!

She was raised with my 20 pound cat named Tyrone. He taught her to use the litter box and she taught him how to play hide and seek and how to love puppies! She worked every day with me in the hospital and visited with young and old, those in bed due to surgery, physical therapy or even I.V. therapy. She had her own folder in the admin. office and nurses, physicians and even inspectors knew her by name and they all loved her. If you are ever blessed with a Angel like mine you will be able to touch the lives of those around you.

By linda willis from North Richland Hills, Tx

Comment Like this photo? 9

Jack is an 8 month old Pomeranian/Dachshund mix. We got Jack from a woman whose kids were allergic to him. They had gotten him from our local Adopt-A-Pet center. Jack loves to play with empty plastic water bottles, the cat, and loves to chase frogs. Jack likes to snuggle under the covers to take a nap. He is so loving and adorable and has made a wonderful addition to our family.

By Pamela Kohutek H.

Jack the Pomeranian Dachshund Sleeping Under a Blanket

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9

Chewy is 2 years old and a Pomeranian/Dachshund. We got him in Dec 2009, he was such a tiny little dog with HUGE ears! Chewy loves to play with his "brother," Mason.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 8

Sophie is 17 months old. She is a Pomeranian - Dachshund mix. I got her through a classified ads on May 3, 2008. Sophie likes to wrestle with her pal, Ben.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 8

Heisman Tebow Green is a 17 month old Pomeranian/Dachshund mix. I got him from my parents December 29, 2007 for my daughter's 18th Birthday. He likes to chase any moving object. He is smart, funny, and handsome. He is amazing.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

I got him off Craigslist at 9 weeks. He loves tennis balls! He really loves to cuddle.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

Hank is a 7 year old Long Haired Dachshund/Pomeranian mix I got 3 years ago from an animal rescue agency, Hank likes to chase squirrels and cats. Run through grass. Dance for treats. Nap in his bed.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

I found her online, I forget what website, but I got her in 2010. She has long wire hair, long body, short legs, and weighs about 20-25 pounds. Shedding is minimal.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1