Basil Olive Oil

Steeping basil in olive oil in a glass jar is a good way to make a good addition to sauces and soups. Add dried tomatoes, and top with a garlic clove. This sounds so good, I am going to do it, it looks prettier than just plain oil.

Source: Reader's Digest, "1001 Hints and Tips for your Garden"

By Robyn Fed from Hampton, TN

Editor's Note:There is a risk of botulism with homemade flavored oils. Be sure to keep this mixture refrigerated and use within one week.

Thanks, I just got some of this as I have been enjoying the freeze dried basil that I got from the grocery store. I just thought I would really enjoy it with my salad. I grow my own salad greens so I enjoy variety in my dressings. I will definitely use this in sauces now etc.

Flavored Oil
Flavored Oil Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips Herbs and SpicesNovember 1, 2010
Storing Olive Oil
Storing Olive Oil
oil lamp on white background
Using Olive Oil as Fuel for Oil Lamps
Olive Oil
Health and Nutritional Benefits of Olive Oil
Infused Oil
Making Infused Oils