Daisy (Bombay?)

Daisy is 5 years old. We're not sure what breed she is, but we have a strong belief that she has Bombay in her mix. Daisy chose us four years ago when she began hiding out in the bushes in front of our house. By the time we caught her with the plan of taking her to a shelter, we discovered she was pregnant.

She had 4 kittens and stayed outside with them until one very hot day in July. I was outside sweeping my walk and the heat index was 110 degrees. I heard a noise behind me and Daisy had dropped a kitten at my feet, then laid down panting in the yard. I opened my front door and let her carry her kittens inside, but she only brought 3 in and began to nurse them. We assumed the 4th kitten had died until about 2 hours later when she asked to go outside again.

This time I watched her to see where she had hidden her kittens, and she went next door and pulled the 4th kitten out from the wheel well of my neighbor's truck. His truck had been at the shop for two days and the kittens were separated from Daisy, so she obviously felt she was at the end of her rope and had no choice but to trust us and come live in our home. We are so glad we did as we got her and two of her kitty boys as a result!

Daisy loves company and is friendly with anyone who crosses our threshold. Her favorite pastime is sitting in an open window or at the back door watching all the critters outside. Daisy also loves to sit in the pass-through between the kitchen and family room to watch all the 'people' action. While she is very sweet, she still has difficulty coming to us for affection so we seek her out. (We think this primarily has to do with her jealousy of our other 3 cats.)

We think she is part Bombay due primarily to her temperament. She is very possessive of "her people" and alternates between purring and growling, doing both almost simultaneously! She also has facial features, physical build, and fur that are similar to Bombays.

By lah34a from Missouri

What a pretty cat. So glad to hear she has a happy life now. Sadly too many homeless cats and dogs face this world alone! Please be a responsible pet owner, spay or neuter your pets. Help those that need to find shelter. Many towns have clinics where spaying and neutering are very low cost, also shots as well.

Thanks Amanda, we love her so much! Our guess is that her former owners turned her loose when she went into heat - she came to us with a collar but no tag. She was so scrawny then ... but certainly not now. :)

God bless you for rescuing her and her babies. I agree with the above post and hope you got her fixed. Thank you.

Daisy is very beautiful. Kudos to you for opening your heart and home to her and her kittens! Everyone....Please spay and neuter your pets! Over 70% of cats that come into animal shelters now are euthanized. The shelters are overflowing and money is short. Grandma Jan & Kato the Wonder Dog

Oh yes, all our kitties have been spayed and/or neutered. We certainly don't need any more!

Photos Pets CatsJune 19, 2009
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Donald and Daisy Duck Costume
Bombay Cat
Bombay Breed Information and Photos
Daisy Tree
Growing a Daisy Tree