Perspiration Stains on White Clothing

I'm a nurse and I wear a white uniform. I have a problem with under arm perspiration. My uniform looks bad because of under arm stains. Please help.

By Meshal

I've used a strong solution of Oxy Clean to soak for quite a while (overnight), and that has helped some. I've also heard/read that you can apply lemon juice and let it sit in the sun to naturally bleach the spots, but I've never tried it.

Can you wear some sort of t-shirt underneath, so the underwear will catch your perspiration instead of the uniform? I used to sweat a lot (I'm a nervous person), and I'd wear a t-shirt under my scrubs, it helped immensely.

I have removed perspiration stains on my husband's white shirts using liquid (gel) Cascade. Works great on all kinds of set-in stains.

I second trying Cascade. I have gotten lots of stains out with it. Another thing to maybe try is Biz Bleach.

Using vinegar to get rid of underarm stains is recommended. Soak the shirt overnight in vinegar. Throw it in the washer when you are done. It should get rid of the stains plus the smell.

Try wearing under arm shields: kleinertsshields.com. They have disposable shields, washable shields, t-shirts with shields and sweat stopping deodorant. Hope this helps.

I am also recommending dress shields to prevent the problem. You can get them at some fabric stores and just pin them into your clothing. You could get a set for each uniform or wash and reuse. It doesn't stop you from sweating, rather it stops the sweat from getting to your clothes. It looks like a crescent moon shape that opens on the inside curve to fit over your underarm seam.

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsOctober 15, 2010
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
White cat looking up at the camera.
Removing Tear Stains on White Cats
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
Tube of toothpaste.
Removing Toothpaste Stains from Clothing
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 9:07:35 AM on 10.0.2.145 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.