Check Your Free Credit Report Every Year

Get a free credit report yearly and check it carefully. The 3-4 credit bureaus allow you one free credit report a year. We were surprised to find a problem on ours that we did not know about. Home owners insurance premiums can be affected by your credit rating even if they are paid through your mortgage.

By Kim from Franklin Park, IL

www.annualcreditreport.com is the website to do this at.

This website will let you check all three (no score) with no cost to you. (Not one of those (free Criedt reports sites that makes you fill out a 30 day free trial offer first.)

Don't use freecreditreport.com, it's commercial. Since there are three major companies, then I request a credit report from one of them every four months. I recently read a recommendation to do this and now I keep a note in the file with my bills showing who I downloaded from and when. God bless,

Thanks for the right website.

Every time you or someone else ( a company etc) checks your credit your credit rating drops. You lose a point each time. Even though it may not even be to purchase something. So think twice before checking to often cause it can come back to bite to you.

These "Free Credit" Reports are never free. You have to give a lot of personal information and join a program, which get's your credit/debt card number. In today's easy access to websites... I would be very careful about how free these reports really are. So, far I haven't found any really "free" reports online.

You have to go to AnnualCreditReport.com. This is the only free site. It is federally mandated that everyone, regardless of what state you live in, can obtain a free report from each of the three agencies at least once per year. You can also obtain a free report anytime you are denied credit due to information obtained from your credit report, but there is a limited timeframe that you have to request your report when it is due to denial of credit.

Credit Report on Table
Raising Your Credit Score
Budget & Finance Credit RatingMay 12, 2008
Colorful Valentine' Day cookies.
Gluten-Free Valentine's Desserts
Background Check
Know What Information Is In Your Background Check
Credit Report
Using Free Credit Reports
What is a Good Credit Score?
What is a Good Credit Score?
🎄
🍂