Does Flarp Shrink?

Does Flarp shrink and if it does what causes it? I bought a canister just over a week ago and it seemed smaller everyday. Now I can't get it to make much noise, because it just kinda falls to the bottom of the canister. It is half of its original size. Any advice?

By Nneka

I had no idea what this stuff was, but I googled it, and see that others have had it dry up, and that another post on youtube mentions adding water to it to make it noisy again. Perhaps you could google it yourself and see if you get any other info about it. Does it say anything on the container or package about how long it will last?

FLARP! what's flarp? I'm not sure I'd feel right about any noise coming from a flarp. Hey, isn't flarp the stuff from "the nutty professor" Disney movies with Fred Macmurray in the 70"s (good times the 70's!) hahaha- seriously, what's flarp?

God bless

<b>Editor's note:</b> According to Wikipedia "Flarp is a putty that makes farting noises when you plunge you hand into the container."

Amy . A Flarp is a cross between Mary Poppins and a dust-bunny. It is found lurking in cupboards on dark winter nights making odd gurgling sounds. It should be watered at least once a day to prevent shrinkage.

Marg from England.

Lol! Oh you guys are funny! I'm sorry I should have given more info I just assumed everyone knew it. Flarp is Noise Putty. Unfortunately the company didn't think that it was necessary to put instructions on it because I guess for most the do and don'ts are obvious. There's a whole section in thrifty fun about cleaning stains on clothes caused by it. I looked on the internet couldn't find anything about its shrinking abilities that's why I figured a more direct approach might have better results. I thought maybe people who have it might know more about it. Thanks for trying though. And Jehosophat jones should do childrens comedy, I cracked up reading that response. lol.

Yes, obviously Flarp shrinks. Why? because it has waster in it and appearantly you're lid isn't as tight fitting as it should be and the water is evaporating.

My husband had a can of the stuff I got him a few birthdays ago, he keeps it in the can in a zipper bag. No evaporation. Now, also watch your fingertips if you play with it much. They'll get wrinkly as if you were in a bath too long. Same reason: your fingers are absorbing the water from the Flarp.

You could try kneading in a little water, a few drops at a time to see if they'll soak in, but I don't know if it's actual water or some other liquid. Good luck!

Thanks a bunch, I'll try that and if it doesn't work I'll just buy another. But at least now I'll know how to store it. Thanks again.

Thanks for the info!! I got a small can from a birthday yesterday, and it is already drying up. I will try to see if adding water will work. Thanks again!!!!

But I do kinda like it how it is, it turned into something like sticky tack!!!!! lol

Consumer Advice General AdviceFebruary 12, 2010
A man wearing a t-shirt.
Shrinking a T-shirt
Santa looking at his pants that have been shrunk in the laundry.
Preventing Clothes from Shrinking
Wool Sweater
Washing Wool Sweaters
Roll of Plastic Wrap
Use Winterizing Plastic As Shrink Wrap
🎄