Kitchen Paint Color Advice: Adding Brown to Tan Walls

I have a good sized kitchen. The walls are tan and I bought a small amount of brown paint, that I want to put on the walls somehow. Any ideas how I can add just a small amount of brown to my tan walls?

By Jill

You could sponge, rag roll, or do something similar. They have rollers with special texture in them so you can get different effects, also. If you don't know how to do these things, do a search online and you should find plenty of information. You could probably find information either in the paint section of Lowes or Home Depot, or in their book area.

So you don't overwhelm the base color, make sure you thin the brown down with clear glaze. Experiment until you find a paint density you are happy with. When I faux walls with a dark color over a lighter base, I usually start with one part paint to 4 parts glaze. Sometimes I add 1 part water to the mix.

Look at the paint sites for ideas and information on paint effects with glaze.

What about painting one wall with the brown.

If you just wish to add a bit of the brown (a whole wall might make the room too dark), buy inexpensive stencils in a paint store or other, such as Walmart, and paint with them. It is easy to do and would add a unique touch. Cay from FL

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Painting TechniquesMay 25, 2011
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
A tan woman sitting on the beach.
Maintaining Your Tan Longer
Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice
Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice
🎄
🍂