Keeping Blackbirds Off a Car

There are no trees outside my house, I have a parking bay. Everyday, blackbirds sit on my car and cover it in 'droppings'. Has anyone got any idea why? Or better still have any solution as to how I can stop them? Apart from setting up a scarecrow on the roof! Any ideas would be helpful, it's getting ridiculous and the paint is being destroyed. Many thanks.

Can you plant a tree near your house?

A female cardinal kept attacking her reflection in my house windows. She did this with such force I was afraid she would break them. I got a picture of a male cardinal(females are very submissive around males) and hung it in a window and she went away. Maybe something like that would work. Get a picture of a cat or bird of prey, like a hawk or eagle, and leave it on the dashboard.

Try a windsock, or put a rubber snake on your car

If you have somthing that you can attatch a pin wheel to (you know the brightly colored wheel's kid's love and they turn in the wind).Try doing that with 1 or 2.With the brightness and the wind moveing them that should scare them away.Or maybe you can try a tarp or two that can be hosed off.I know they are such a pain we have them in the summer and they are just a large and obnoxious (I did spell that right I hope ).Good Luck I hope somehow this was some help!Good Luck dar

The why behind your blackbird visitors is probably in your email. You say there are no trees around your house, the birds like to be where they can see all around, so your car has become a sort of naked tree :] Get one of those owl or other birds of prey figures you can get at a gardening store and put it on your roof in a different position every day, when your car is parked at home. Take it off before you drive away though, unless you like people pointing and laughing as you drive by lol

Home and Garden Pest Control BirdsMarch 19, 2008
Saving Money on Car Rentals, Neon Car Rental Sign
Saving Money on Car Rentals
Finding an Inexpensive Car, Blue Volkswagon Beetle parked by a building.
Finding an Inexpensive Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver, For Sale sign in Window of Used Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver
Man Cleaning Car Interior
Cleaning Your Car's Interior