Trouble With Weeping Willow Roots

I had an old weeping willow that had to be cut down. While it was up, it strangled my septic pipe in the front yard near it, 4 times over the course of 25 years. Now that it is down, I have heard that the roots will continue to travel and strangle anything in sight of them?

Is this true and if so, what can I do to the trunk or yard to prevent it? Thanks !

Hardiness Zone: 6b

BJ from Ledyard, CT

Have you contacted a tree specialist in your area?

Normally you would use a poison like "Axeit" as soon as you cut it down - you could try drilling holes in the stump and pouring some tree poison down

My sister-in-law swears by copper sulfate or blue stone as it is known generally. Just pour it down your drain pipes occasionally.

Home and Garden Gardening TreesMarch 30, 2008
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Buying Weeping Willow Trees
Photo of a large weeping willow tree.
Growing a Weeping Willow Tree