GnatsPest Control

Getting Rid of Drain Gnats

I've read on this site, but can't find where, people put some kind of household and/or natural products down the house drains to stop those little flying insects from coming into the house.

Would anyone please post how to do this?

Thank you!

By metroplex from Houston, TX

Answers

Does anyone have a "cure" for those household gnats that frequent the areas around the tub drain, faucets, kitchen, etc.? They are in the house this year and we've never had them before.

By Mary

I use Raid flying insect killer......The heat of what is supposed to be spring this year and last seems to make them worse. I think you will find that they are called fungus knats is why they are so hard to kill but bleach down the drain can help. Fruit on counter if it has a spot on it will cause them ect.

First put bleach down your drains to clean the gunk that the gnats are after. Then sit a cup of cider vinegar in the room , gnats love it, they will fall in it and die. Good luck!

I keep all my fruit in the refrigerator, even bananas. I keep the used banana peels in the refrigerator too. I also have a spray bottle with bleach and water in it. I spray the gnats that I find around the sinks.