Book on How to use Power Tools

I am a DIY wannabe. I have quite a few simple Black and Decker tools but the manuals are so complicated and so not user friendly. I looked on Amazon to find a nice, easy, walk-me-through-and-not-scare-me how-to book and couldn't begin to pick one. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good, easy to understand how-to for power tools? An electric drill, circular saw, that sort of stuff. I use them now but really don't want to hear my grandkids say, "Gramma, tell us about when you used to have thumbs". Thanks for input. Anything I have ever gotten from you guys has been good.

Sheila from Kearney, NE

I have this book, and it has a good section tools and their use.

http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-Compl ... ovement/dp/0671744429?tag=thrif06-20

There is a series of books called Sunset. They are paper back and about the size of a magazine. I have gotten them at home depot on several subjects. They are available at other stores too. You can get them on several subjects.

Hahahaha! Hilarious comment about the thumbs! Since there are so many female handymen (?) nowadays, I would say to check out some of the websites by TLC and DIY. There is a show called Toolbelt Diva on one of the channels. Also, look at Trading Spaces girl carpenter... lots of women involved in tool things. That's on TLC, too. Good luck!

Hi Sheila....there is also a website that I have used on several occasions called howstuffworks.com ....has many, many interesting things and an excellent selection on DIY.....good luck.....Kay from New South Wales, Australia

Check the "For Dummies" collection, they must have something.

http://www.ehow.com/Search.aspx?s=power+tools&Options=

Hi Sheila!

Power saws are very dangerous and must be respected!

1. Always prepare an uncluttered place for cutting your material.

2. Always make a mark or straight line on the object you are cutting.

3. Keep the power cord away and behind the cut you are making.

4. Always push the power saw away from your body and keep your legs and feet securely planted and away from the cut.

5. Make sure you use the correct blade for the type of work you are doing. There are heavy duty cross cut blades for heavy lumber cutting and there are fine carbon tipped blades for doing clean cut work on plywood and smaller more delicate wood.

6.Always make sure the safety gaurd on the power saw is light oiled and working so that it lifts when you push against it. Good Luck and keep your thumbs away from the blades! ;-)

Listening to radio there are a few DIY books being recalled because bad info on wiring a few even sold

at Lowes, and online. Google "DIY book recall" to see.

Power tools is so essential to our life. its make our work easy. Just vist at http://www.protoolreviews.com/ here you will find professional power and hand tool reviews, how-to tips, buying guides and discussion forums targeted to the professional, do-it-yourself, hobbyist, and Average Joe

Home and Garden Home Improvement ToolsNovember 7, 2007
Self-Publishing a Book
Self-Publishing a Book
Stack of paperback books.
Repairing a Paperback Book
Shower Power Cleaner
Buying Shower Power Cleaner
power outage kitchen
Cooking When the Power Goes Out
🎄
🍂