Identifying and Treating a Dog's Irritated Skin

One of my dogs has a skin irritation. How do I treat it?

By Dane from Mizoram, India

You may find that the dog is allergic to flea saliva. I kid you not. I started laughing when the vet told me that. Not sure what antihistamines a dog can take but a vet can tell you. Our dogs wore flea collars, got treated with the drops, etc., but still they laid on their backs on a gravel driveway and wiggled till the hair was thin.

I think you should take your dog to the vet for skin tests to be done. It could be food, shampoos, household cleaners, or any number of things.

There are anti-itch relieving shampoos with oatmeal that work well to soothe the irritated skin, but it may not be ALL that you need to bring total comfort for your pet.

Pets Dogs HealthNovember 21, 2010
woman using eye drops
Homemade Eye Drops
A woman cleaning her face with skin toner.
Homemade Skin Toner
Dog's Yeast Infection
Treating a Dog's Yeast Infection
Treating the Soil After Tomato Blight
Treating Soil After Tomato Blight
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 17, 2016 at 11:03:28 AM on 10.0.0.140 in 944 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.