Bissell Carpet Shampooer Isn't Working

I have a Bissell shampooer and it will not release the water, but it will suck up the water. What is the problem?

By Clarissa from Laurel, MD

Best Answer

I have had one of these for the last 4 years, and it has never worked properly, it has been to Service 2000 (repairers) a minimum of 6 times, and has never been fixed properly. It has, yet again stopped squirting water out, so before I threw it in the skip, I decided to have a go at repairing it myself, what I found was a kink in one of the water pipes, the pipe goes inside the main body of the machine, very close to where the heater is, it seems, that when the heater gets hot, it softens the rubber pipe, allowing it to bend over on itself, starving the pump of water. I have removed the heater as I believe it offers little in the way the machine operates, and have cut the kink out of the damaged pipe, joined it together with a connector removed from the heater, and re-routed the pipe to avoid any sharp bends, hey presto, it squirts water out!!! Now why couldn't Bissell have worked that one out?

Best Answer

Thanks Bob. After taking all the hoses off the heater and cleaning them, I still couldn't get a spray except from the tool attachment. I then checked the spray nozzles, as suggested. Both nozzles were clogged. Now it runs fine. Thanks again.

Dumb me put baking soda and vinegar in my Bissell carpet shampooer. Now mine won't spray? What can i do? It was stupid of me to do that. It is brand new.

Hi there, I am terri from the central coast,who had the same problem. I also posted asking for ideas.

I solved my problem by buying a Hoover!I absolutely love it. I will never buy a bissell again.

My one is the opposite, it doesn't lift the water after shampooing. :-(

Have tried cleaning it etc. to no avail. Sorry, I can't help.

July 24, 2010 Flag

I have a Bissell Pro heat carpet shampooer. I have taken it completely apart to clean it and now it won't spray water out. It will suck water up, just won't spray it out. Any ideas as to why? I don't have it in the budget right now to buy a new one. Thanks so much.

By Terri from Central CA Coast

Answers:

Bissell Carpet Shampooer Isn't Working

Did some crud come loose and plug it? (11/26/2009)

By takelababy

Bissell Carpet Shampooer Isn't Working

I have the same shampooer and some bad news. We've both bought a bad brand. Every time I use mine I have to take it to the repairman. Plus I have tried and tried to get help from Bissell to no avail. I have bought 3 different Bissell products and have had nothing. but problems with every one, and no help at all from the company, even while still under warranty. I have a policy now; nothing with the Bissell name on it will ever come into my house ever again! (11/30/2009)

By Cricketnc

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 26, 2009 Flag

My Bissell carpet shampooer does not spray water and solution. Any ideas on what to do?

By oredwine1933 from Fort Worth, TX

Answers:

Bissell Carpet Shampooer Isn't Working

Check spray nozzle, maybe try to run some vinegar water through it and see if that helps. (09/23/2009)

By PIKKA

Bissell Carpet Shampooer Isn't Working

The Bissell has a small pump that is trigger fired. This could be stuck since it is plastic, or if you run detergent through the machine, the alkaline buildup could cause it to stop working. Try WD40 on the trigger to see if that helps or try to get to the pump and see if there is a short or other problem. (09/23/2009)

By BigFish1

Bissell Carpet Shampooer Isn't Working

I don't have a Bissel, but had a similar problem. The tank that holds the water and soap was not properly locked down. The spray/water was not coming out. I opened and properly shut the tank and it was fine. Good luck. (09/24/2009)

By spoostad

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Carpet Shampooer
Bissell Carpet Shampooer Isn't Working
Home and Garden Repair MachinesJuly 24, 2010
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Hoover Platinum Carpet Shampooer
Using a Hoover Platinum Collection Carpet Shampooer
Bissell SpotBot Reviews
Bissell SpotBot Reviews
🎉
🎄