Adapting Knit and Crochet Patterns

Category How To
It's important to understand what adjustments need to be made to change the design of a yarn project. This guide is about adapting knit and crochet patterns.

Does anyone have any knowledge of the whereabouts of a book which adapted knit/crochet patterns into each other? "The Workbasket" used to advertise it, but they (the magazine) has been discontinued.

Caress11 from Cloquet, MN

Answers

As one who love to crochet, I empathize with your interest, Caress11.

Check your local library for back issues of the magazine?

The only other things I can think of (and I've considered these for myself) is to either take a course from a local crafter/shop, join an association of like-minded handi-crafters or find a senior citizen who might be interested in passing on the knowledge.

Best of luck!

Cheers,
Rose ANne

Here's a link that explains how to do it.

www.ehow.com/how_18632_convert-knitting-pattern...

Susan from ThriftyFun

Workbasket has been discontinued? That's dreadful. I have a couple dozen issues from the early 50s into the 60s and they're great. Where else can you find tatting patterns and how to take care of your African violets and a recipe for sunshine pie? Oh--here. But I loved that magazine.

By Heather (Guest Post)

www.knitting-crochet.com/.../index.html

That site sells a book on how to. Also has neat antique patterns for both crocheting and knitting.

Heather