Air Fryer Fried Chicken
Coat chicken pieces with skin still on and prepare in your air fryer. The result is delicious crispy chicken with no added oil.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This fried chicken is made in an air fryer and uses no added oil whatsoever. The outcome is chicken that is so incredibly crisp, you can hear someone crunch into it from far away. It's quick, easy, and there is no splattering mess.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 chicken thighs, skin on
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 390 F. Whisk together the flour and seasonings.
- Sprinkle chicken thighs with salt, then dredge in flour mixture.
- Dunk into egg mixture, then back into the flour mixture.
- Shake off excess flour, then place thighs into the bottom of the air fryer. Cook for 25 minutes. Remove and serve.
April 9, 20190 found this helpful
I love my air fryer for chicken and especially fish.
Got a good breading recipe for catfish??
I see you place your chicken in breading first and last so I'll try that as well as checking out your breading ingredients - soon.
April 10, 20190 found this helpful
I do! I'll share very soon. Doing the breading first helps keep the egg on well even if you pat dry your chicken well. Also makes it extra crispy! Hope you try this out, Betty! :)
April 14, 20190 found this helpful
Turned out very good!
Extra crispy and moist inside.
Read More Comments
April 15, 20190 found this helpful
Ah yes! I shared this recipe with some of my other air fryer fans and they said the same. So happy you tried it! :)