Air Fryer Acorn Squash Fries
Slices of acorn squash taste delicious when flavored with your choice of seasoning and prepared in an air fryer. They are a healthy alternative to potatoes. This recipe can also be made in the oven, but it will require a longer cooking time.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I love acorn squash for its nutty flavour, lovely texture, and high fiber/vitamin content. They're especially awesome when turned into fries. Here, I've used my air fryer to make them quickly. If you'd rather make them in your oven, place them on a baking sheet and follow these same directions, but cooking for a total of 40 minutes.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 tsp cooking oil or a few spritzes of cooking spray
- 2 tsp seasoning of your choice (I used taco seasoning)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut squash in half and scoop out the seeds from the center. Peel quite a bit of the outside skin off. It's okay if some stays on.
- Cut squash into quarters, then cut each quarter into several fries. I went with thick steak-cut fries.
- In a bowl, toss squash with oil, seasoning, and garlic powder until evenly coated.
- Place in air fryer basket set to 375 F. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until edges are golden. Add salt and pepper to taste.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.