Spicy Acorn Squash Soup
Acorn squash pairs nicely with spices like ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg to make this warm and comforting soup. This page contains a recipe for spicy acorn squash soup
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
October 16, 2014
This gluten free soup is sweet, hot and spicy. It is great served with a sandwich or a meal. If you can't handle hot, cut back on the quantity of spices in the recipe.
Total Time: Approximately 45 minutes to prepare.
Yield: It makes 3 cups of soup
- 1 cooked acorn squash
- 1 14.5 oz Swanson chicken broth
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Wash and cut squash in half, lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the seeds. Cut squash in 4 pieces. Place in saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and boil gently for 15 minutes or so until squash is tender. Use a fork to test for tenderness.
- Remove from heat, drain and cool slightly. Use a spoon to scrape out the flesh. Discard the skin.
- While the squash is cooking, mix the remainder of ingredients. Add squash to this and pour it into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour back into saucepan and heat.
- Serve hot.