Spicy Acorn Squash Soup
This gluten free soup is sweet, hot and spicy. It is great served with a sandwich or a meal. If you can't handle hot, cut back on the quantity of spices in the recipe.
Total Time: Approximately 45 minutes to prepare.
Yield: It makes 3 cups of soup
- 1 cooked acorn squash
- 1 14.5 oz Swanson chicken broth
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Wash and cut squash in half, lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the seeds. Cut squash in 4 pieces. Place in saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and boil gently for 15 minutes or so until squash is tender. Use a fork to test for tenderness.
- Remove from heat, drain and cool slightly. Use a spoon to scrape out the flesh. Discard the skin.
- While the squash is cooking, mix the remainder of ingredients. Add squash to this and pour it into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour back into saucepan and heat.
- Serve hot.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!