Using an Air Fryer

Category Kitchen Tools
Reducing the use of fryer oil in food preparation is possible with an air fryer. Hot air flows around the food to cook a crispy entree.

We have the InstaPot Vortex air fryer that has 2 slotted type shelves & a bottom solid shelf. Does anyone have a recipe to cook canned biscuits in it? I've tried, but don't want to continue to waste food that isn't cooked and not worth eating.

Thanks in advance for any recipes or hints.

Answers

Here is a site that indicates that you need to place parchment paper in the bottom basket of the air fryer and mist it with some oil first before placing your biscuits on it. Then you bake them for 8 minutes at 340 degrees. Please read the directions here. airfrying.net/.../

The recipe I found was frozen biscuits for the Vortex , - It's seems like a good one!-forktospoon.com/how-to-make-frozen-biscuits-in-the...

This site says you can & its much quicker than a conventional oven. ~ takes about 8 minutes in a Vortex Air Fryer

See more info: vortexrecipes.com/.../

There are several good recipes for baking canned biscuits in an air fryer and I do not believe there is very much difference in what brand of air fryer you have but most of them have a recipe book and may have this recipe also.

I like this site because it has recipes for the canned biscuits but also for croissants and other types of canned items.

Maybe you can adopt them to your air fryer.

www.pillsbury.com/.../we-tried-these-products-in-an-air...

I have to ask...what is the benefit of doing them in an air fryer? I find they are super easy and come out consistently if done in the oven.

I guess if you don't have an oven and all you have is the air fryer, that is why you may be asking.

Just curious what the benefit is in trying this. All of my friends (but one) who got air fryers ended up donating them because they did not do what they thought they could do. I would love to hear success stories. Thanks!

It is easy to provide recipes such as this one forktospoon.com/.../
and this one www.emerils.com/.../air-fried-buttermilk-biscuits
and this one which is actually donuts
hip2save.com/.../

but the question is, why did your other attempts fail? Were you looking for someone who had actually done it and overcome some difficulty you were facing? If so, what difficulty was it?

The one thing I did see was that you really should not use anything with a batter. The only things that do well are things in a frozen state. More info here www.tasteofhome.com/.../

Avoid using any oil and reduce the calories for a crispy fried flavor with this appliance that circulates hot air around the food. This page contains recipes for a power air fryer oven.

An air fryer with chicken wings inside.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Food and Recipes Food Tips Kitchen ToolsMay 13, 2020
😷
👔
🌻
🐛

Generated 2020-05-14 23:10:15 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️