Applesauce Christmas Ornaments

I am looking for the applesauce and cinnamon recipe to make Christmas cut-out ornaments.

Barbara from Springfield, IL

Answers:

Applesauce Christmas Ornaments

I'm sorry that no one can just give you the recipe, its simple: 1 cup applesauce and 1 cup of cinnamon, you add a little nutmeg and allspice to really make it more spicy. Mix the applesauce and the cinnamon and spices until it gets to be nice clay consistency. If it's too sticky, you may add more cinnamon if needed. Sprinkle cinnamon on your surface when you start to roll it out, take your shapes and starting cutting. Put the shapes in a warm, dry spot to dry, this takes a few days. Oh, the beautiful fragance you will have through out the house. (12/20/2008)

By piwacket

Applesauce Christmas Ornaments

Here's another: 15 Tbsp. plus cinnamon; 12 Tbsp. applesauce. Blend cinnamon and applesauce together in bowl, mix well. Dough should be stiff, add more applesauce if dough does not stick together. Preheat oven to 150 degrees, cover work surface with wax paper; sprinkle wax paper and rolling pin with cinnamon. Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut shapes with cookie cutters. Place cut-out shapes on cake rack, Bake till dry.

*Note: before baking, use a drinking straw to make a hole in the dough for hanging. (12/20/2008)

By piwacket

Applesauce Christmas Ornaments

This recipe was on my list to find, how timely. We are planning to do hearts from these on Valentine's Day. (01/04/2009)

By Mary

Applesauce Christmas Ornaments

Late Post but to answer your question. I think the reason some don't just give the recipe is that they might want to show people how easy it is to find it on Google and not here. I have seen people ask "what is Nutella. I have a jar and don't know what it is". Well, everyone was trying to be kind but the reality is it's right on the label. Some folks don't do computer searches often, and those who do are just trying, perhaps, to be helpful and let them see how much more they can discover if they try google first. But, that's just me... (01/04/2009)

By Poor But Proud