Baked Potato Broccoli Soup
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
This hearty, creamy soup is actually made from leftover baked potatoes and steamed broccoli. It really takes something that's not so great reheated and turns it into a super delicious new dish.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 medium onion
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 baked potatoes
- 1 cup steamed broccoli
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the onion, potato and broccoli into small pieces.
- Add butter to a pot over medium-low heat. Add onions.
- Cook until onions are a bit brown, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the potato and broccoli and fry for a few minutes. Add the beef broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Use a blender to puree the soup until creamy.
- While still cooking over low heat, add heavy cream and mix well. Do not bring it to a boil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.