Bangle with Beads and Ribbon
Vote for this contender! (0 votes)
Bronze Post Medal for 2021. 31 Posts
Satin ribbon looks great with beads. Original, but at the same time simple weave of ribbons distinguishes this bangle. I used blue beads and white ribbon, but you can use any other color combination.
Total Time: 45 Minutes
- fishing line, thickness 0.75 mm
- beads, diameter 8 mm
- satin ribbon, width 6 mm
- office clip
- instant glue (drop)
- Determine how long a bangle you need. Measure and cut the fishing line equal to twice the length of the bangle + 3 inches. Bend the fishing line in half and string the beads. Secure the ends of the lines with the clip (see photo).
- Measure and cut the ribbon 1.5 times the length of the bangle. Thread into the loop formed by the bent fishing line. Fold the ribbon in half. Thread the ends of the ribbons between the two fishing lines after the nearest bead, crossing the ribbons. Pull the ribbons and spread around the bead. Be careful not to pull the loop of the bent fishing line through the bead.
- Continue crossing the ribbons between the fishing lines after each next bead until you get the bangle length you want.
- Pull the loop of bent fishing line out with a needle. Thread one end of line through the loop. Tie the line in two knots and tighten well with pliers. Tie the ends of the ribbon. Thread the ends of the line through the adjacent beads and cut off the visible ends of the line. Cut off the ends of the ribbons. Secure the knot of ribbons with a drop of instant glue.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.