Bantam Chicken Information and Photos

Category Chickens
These beautiful small birds make fun pets if you have the room. This guide contains bantam chicken information and photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

My neighbor has a beautiful Silky Bantam rooster (posted with permission). Every morning when I first let my dogs out I always call, "Good Morning Mr. Rooster" and do my own version of a good morning crow. Well, Mr. Rooster always crows back and it is the funniest thing I've ever heard.

He'll crow as long as I crow and one afternoon while talking to my sister on the phone I told her about Mr. Rooster and how I can make him crow. At first she thought I was nuts and then she didn't believe me so I stepped outside crowed and she heard him crow and started laughing. Mr. Rooster is one cool bird!

By CaroleeRose from Madison, Al

Silky Bantam Rooster

Comment Like this photo? 8

Chickie is a 6 week old banty chicken. This is a banty chicken born from one of our adult banty chickens that we raised. They like to swim around in the pond and play around the yard with the other chickens. They like to eat chicken feed, bread, and cracker crumbs. They are so sweet and they'll let you hold them til they fall asleep. They are about a fourth the size of a regular chicken. So little and cute.

By Rhonda from TN

Comment Like this photo? 6

Billina is a 1 year old Splash Cochin bantam. We got our little cochin bantam hen along with her sister and brother at the pet store. She likes to scratch in the dirt, ride on my husband's shoulder, come for a visit into the house, sit on eggs, and hatch little baby chicks.

I think hatching chicks is her favorite thing to do. You can see by her picture that she is very proud of her babies and all their names are Dorothy, just like in the Wizard of Oz. She is better than any incubator when it comes to hatching eggs and so much fun to watch.

She hatched a bunch of cochin chicks first, and just lately she hatched a batch of aricaunas. They are so funny, as they are so big they can't fit under her wings, so they have to peek out.

By Leila B. from Brookings OR

Comment Like this photo? 7

Your Pet's Age
1 year

Your Pet's Breed
Bantam Chicken

How and when did you get your pet?
We bought May just over a year ago from a local breeder together with her beautiful younger sister June.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
She loves to sit on the fence and make a lot of noise, have dust baths, and play chase with Flipflop the rabbit.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
She follows me around the garden, and just like a child, will stand right in front of me asking to be picked up. She likes to sit on my knee and have a massage and we think she imagines she is a falcon, the way she loves to perch on your arm. She also supplies us with tiny, but very tasty eggs

Comment Like this photo? 5

We raised this rooster from a chick, part of a mixed group of bantam chicks we bought at a feed store. He has two brothers which are almost identical.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5