Bleaching Colored Converse Shoes

Bleaching colored fabric shoes often does not work as intended, especially if you are trying to remove all of the color. This page contains some ideas and tips regarding bleaching colored Converse shoes.

My dad got me a pair of like light purplish pink Converse on my birthday and I loved them. But I wanted to changed it to white by bleaching? I tried a dot of bleach on the shoe to see if the color will come off and it turn white, I think. I was wondering if bleaching would really turn the Converse white?

Answers

Best Answer

Perhaps you would like a hint of bleach spots as a style?
I don't know if you can bleach colored to white. According to this: www.influenster.com/.../can-i-soak-my-white-converses-in... someone already had white and asked if they can bleach it to be back to original white and many had mix reviews.

Some said it could weaken the fabric or, from their experience turned the shoe yellow. I would maybe try when the shoes are worn so you know for future reference.

Best Answer

I don't think it will bleach evenly. You could try making a design with your bleach pen

Best Answer

I think most answers on Google will be on how to whiten already white (but dirty/dingy) sneakers. Bleach does tend to weaken fibers but then people use it all the time so I guess it is left up an individual to decide to use it or not.
It will be difficult to remove all of the color from your shoes and they may come out a pucky yellow/orange but I guess if you do not like the way they turn out you can then think about dying them but you may never have white from any of this.

Why not think about dying them or drawing pictures or making polka dots?
You seem intent on trying this so I would suggest you contact Rit dye and ask them the question about turning your Converse white. They will tell you if they have a safe color remover and how to do it.
www.ritdye.com/.../

Some other links to check out.

www.wikihow.com/Bleach-Colored-Canvas-Shoes

www.instructables.com/.../

Best Answer

I tried bleaching a similar pair of KEDS once when I was younger and it just turned to a weird peach. I don't think it would go to white based on my experience.

Best Answer

Since your shoes are still new I would not risk bleaching in case it does not turn out as you like.

Perhaps bleach them when your shoes are worn and you would not mind if they did not turn out as thought out.

Consumer Advice Clothing AdviceOctober 1, 2019
🎃