Hair Orangish Color After Bleaching

Category Hair Tips
Sometimes when bleaching your hair you will end up with an orange color rather than the desired color. This page has advice about what to do when your hair has a orangish color after bleaching.

I have over the years have had my hair bleached to pure white as that is what I like. The last year when I got it done, it turned out orange (my hair is dark brown). I went back to the salon and demanded it done over as the orange looks terrible. Yesterday it happened again and now it needs to be bleached again like 4 months ago. This is very stressful on my hair. I was wondering if taking a certain medication would make my hair so hard to bleach out? I take 11 different prescriptions. Can you give me some direction?

By Colleen M. Clark from Canandaigua, NY

Answers

Best Answer

I think the hair dresser did not use a strong enough product on your hair to get the proper "lift". If you don't use the correct developer volume, dark hair cannot go all the way to blond. It isn't related to your medication. It is related to your beautician! Good luck.

Best Answer

I've been doing hair for 30 years, and have tons of clients who I make white blonde. I just recently got a client who's hair will not lift up past bright yellow, no matter how strong the bleach is, or how long I leave it on.

I think it's a medication she's taking. Just wanted to point out that it might not be the hairdresser's fault.

My hair was a medium brown and I tried to dye it blonde and now it's orange. Is there anything I can do to get rid of the orange?

Answers

YOu can try washing it a few times to see if most of the offending orange washes out. Sometimes the first effects of a dye job are unsatisfactory. IF nothing good comes of that, then you can safely redye 4 weeks later - though nothing, save the fear of damaging your hair, is stopping you from redying it before that.

It's time to see a professional. Your hair could fall out if you keep coloring it and keep making mistakes.

I bleached my hair two days ago from light brown, using 40vol developer and blue powder, by myself. The result is not what I want. My hair is kinda orange. I have tried to use Schwarzkopf Nordic blonde toner for two days, but I don't think it works on me. I do want to make my hair much lighter.

Should I bleach my hair again using a weaker developer (today or tmr?) or dye it lighter (e.g. Loreal Preference extreme platinum, I have bought it)? I heard that I should use purple (violet) shampoos and conditioners after being blonde, yet, I'm using the normal Schwarzkopf repairing ones. Should I change my products to purple ones? Thank you in advanced!

Answers

Go see a professional. Bleaching your hair isnt a straight forward process. You have to counteract the underlying pigment after lifting in order to achieve your desired result. Bleaching twice can cause chemical burns, and if not applied correctly it can cause your hair to melt.