Blessings Jar for the New Year

0
Share
Save
Follow
Print

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 131 Posts

Blessings Jar for the New Year - plastic jar filled with colorful paper slipsMost people make resolutions for the New Year. Even if we don't always follow through, it still feels good to make these goals. We have a sense of purpose and a chance at a fresh start. Another way to keep up the New Year's momentum and stay positive is to create a Blessings Jar.

You simply find any clear jar with a lid to collect your blessings. Anytime something good happens to you or around you during the year, write it down on a small piece of paper, along with the date. Fold the paper and place it in the jar. Write down anything that moves you, from quotes, celebrations, compliments, promotions, family, church, etc. If you witness a random act of kindness, put it in the jar. If you have a wonderful dream, put it in the jar. Basically, anything that makes you happy can go in the jar.

A year later, on New Year's Eve, open up your Blessings Jar and read what gave you joy during that year. My mom and I both did this last year and we really enjoyed the process. The pictures show a few examples of what I wrote during the year. I didn't write something every day, or even every week. I still managed to accumulate a jar full of memories, including diet triumphs and job changes. I even had a helper during the year who added into my pile. A student that I tutored wanted to be a part of filling my jar and she wrote the sweetest things. Of course, she managed to become several of my own blessings too!

Blessings Jar for the New Year - several examples of blessings slips

Blessings Jar for the New Year - blessings written by the student

More Solutions

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 433 Posts

Once a week all year long, write something good that happened. Put the slips of paper in a jar and read them on the next New Year. Then you can reflect on all the good things that happened that year.

Better Living InspirationalMarch 22, 2017
😎
🎆
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Blessings-Jar-for-the-New-Year-1.html