Blue Star Wall Hanging

I found a plastic star tray that just needed a little something. So that is what I put; just a few buttons and a hand made hanger. Simple and easy, this would be a great project for the kiddos.

Total Time: 1 hour (plus drying time)

1. Plan out the buttons by placing them from the center to the 5 'peaks' and 5 'valleys'. If you need a more precise pattern, measure and mark with a tiny dot from a felt tip marker, where the buttons go.
  2. I chose two larger ones for the center, but you can put anything there you want. I hot glued them together, then to the center of the star.
  3. I tried painting the glue onto the buttons, and kept dropping the little things. So I just put a dot on the tray and dropped the button down on it. Cotton swabs also work well, if you want to simplify things. I put the buttons on and let them dry for a few hours.
  4. Advertisement

5. I crocheted a chain of about 30, then tied the tails in a knot. A bit of hot glue under and above the knot on the back of the tray, any peak, and you are ready to display it. TIP: When dealing with hot glue and something slick, I find it helps to press the area down with a butter knife or scissors to "compress" it.

Crafts Fourth of JulyJuly 3, 2020
🌻
🐛
📓
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Blue-Star-Wall-Hanging.html

Fourth of JulyCrafts