Bolognese Sauce Recipes

0
Share
Save
Follow
Print
A pan of ground beef bolognese.
Bolognese or ragù is a classic Italian sauce that is traditionally served with pasta. Aromatic vegetables are simmered with pork or beef to make this thick and hearty sauce. Outside Italy, most bolognese recipes are tomato based.

When the pandemic hit, we started expanding our garden to grow our own food. One of our fastest-growing and most plentiful items are cherry tomatoes. A bit tired of salad, I tried making a bolognese sauce with them for pasta night. It was so incredibly delicious.

A plate of pasta topped with cherry tomato bolognese.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a joint recipe from my mother-in-law and myself. When I visit her in England, I always prefer to eat her foods over going out. Thankfully, we make a great team in the kitchen! We made this bolognese after going hiking and it really hit the spot. Even though it's super meaty, it's got loads of veggies and herbs, so it's quite refreshing.

Mushroom Pepper Beef Bolognese on plate

Take your Bolognese up a level by adding Italian sausage, Parmesan cheese, and cream to the pot. Just a few tweaks to your usual meat sauce recipe can make something truly extraordinary!

Creamy Sausage Spaghetti Bolognese in bowl

Food and Recipes Recipes PastasSeptember 23, 2020
😎
🎆
🌻
Generated 2021-06-28 13:34:37 in 954 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Bolognese-Sauce-Recipes.html