Pasta Sauce Recipes Using Meat

Here is a recipe for meat sauce for when you come home late and have to cook. Once a week, I make a meat sauce that can be used for many different meals. This will last a few days. It helps us save money, no ordering food in or going to a restaurant.

• 2 to 3 lbs. hamburger
  • 1 medium onion, chopped small
  • 4 large carrots, scraped and chopped small
  • 2 stalks celery, strings removed and chopped small
  • broccoli stems, peeled and chopped small
  • 1 cup corn
  • salt and pepper
  • bay leaf
  • 2 cloves of garlic, chopped small
  • small can tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 can tomato paste
  • 3 Tbsp. ketchup
  • water or broth to desired thickness

Directions:

In a frying pan, cook the hamburger. Add a little salt then drain liquid out. In a one gallon pot, add onions, celery and garlic. Heat and stir for 5 minutes. Add meat, cook for 2 minutes then add remaining prepped foods. Stir, bring to a boil then turn down to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes. Stir at regular times so it doesn't stick.

I let it cool then put the sauce in containers with covers that will stand in fridge. When I get home, I take out whatever amount I need for dinner and heat it up. I can make Sloppy Joes or add spice to make a pasta sauce to put on our favorite pasta shape. Some family nights, we have rice with this sauce.

Servings: as many as we divide it up to
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes

By Carolyn from Chilliwack, BC

2 More Solutions

Cynthia Smith

Say goodbye to generic jarred pasta sauces and experience your own restaurant quality meaty pasta sauce any day of the week. Prepare large batches in advance, freeze and enjoy with every pasta meal.

This page contains Mazette sauce recipes. This delicious pasta sauce generally includes mushrooms, onion, and peppers in a tomato based meat sauce.

plate of spaghetti and meat sauce

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes Recipes SaucesOctober 2, 2019
🌻
🎂
🎃
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Pasta-Sauce-Recipes-Using-Meat.html